Want Improve Your English Writing Skills Without a Teacher?
You want to be able to write vibrant blog posts or gripping emails in English?
If your English writing sucks and you don’t know how to get better–without someone looking over your shoulder–then make time for the following article…
What’s the most effective way to improve your English writing skills without teacher?
Here’s what Copywriting genius Gary Halbert suggests: (copywriting challenge):
Copy each day one sales letter – word-for-word – in your own handwriting.
Sounds stupid? What if I told you notorious writers like Jack London, Ernest Hemingway, and Hunter S. Thompson copied the work of others?
Picasso spent his first 10 years copying other people, then he developed his own style.
It’s called copywork.
Why does it work?
Because, when you copy articles (or sales letters, or posts) in our own handwriting, you create neurological imprints of the grammar, sentence structure, and enrich your vocabulary at the same time.
Safe and simple. No prior skill necessary. Especially if English is NOT your native language.
Where to Start?
- Copy one sales letter (or article) per day
Copying sales letter in longhand will take you take about an hour. If you take longer than that, take break and continue next day.
- Don’t just copy the letter. You want to be highly focused an pay attention to
- Structure of sentences
- New words – Translate them and put them into your notebook. Make sure to review new words until you’ve got them memorized.
- Grab the next text to copy.
Copy one letter over and over again and you’ll internalize its grammar, structure, new words. As a bonus, you’ll learn its sales principles, too.
Which letters should you copy?
Here’s a list of ads Gary Halbert recommends to copy in longhand. (These are ads that actually generated huge stacks of cash.)
- The Lazy Man’s Way To Riches – Joe Karbo
- How To Burn Off Body Fat, Hour-By-Hour – Gary Halbert
- Do You Make These Mistakes In English? – Max Sackheim
- How to Collect From Social Security At Any Age – Gary Halbert
- Tova Borgnine’s Amazing New Formula – Gary Halbert
- The Diet Secret Of A Desperate Housewife – Gary Halbert
- The Amazing Black Jack Secret Of A Las Vegas Mystery Man! – Gary Halbert
- The Admiral Byrd Transpolar Expedition Letter – Hank Burnett
- How To Get What The Government Owes You
- Why Men Crack – Young & Rubicam
- The Famous Dollar Bill Letter – Robert Collier
- David Ogilvy’s Rolls Royce Ad
- Coat Of Arms Ad – Gary Halbert
- Why Astrology Can Bring You Wealth – Ben Suarez
Now, grab one letter here and start improving your English writing skills right away… and keep at it for 30 days.
Let’s learn from the best. You can’t lose.
That’s it. Stay close…
PS: If you want to follow along, check out the ‘magic’ copywriting resource page.